Friday, October 12, 2012

Ten Months Ago, Today

Original Post Date: January 12, 2012

"THANK YOU"

Lately...

1. Every morning & night, for the last few months, I passed by my motorcycle at the front door heavy of heart. The South Florida weather had turned, and it was prime time for riding. My bike needed a full tune up & carburetor cleaning before it could be taken to the road safely. Within the last week, I asked each of two fellow riders for a referrals to their respective mechanics, carefully placing these phone numbers in my 'Contacts' file.
2. My knee has been acting up a bit these past couple of weeks. Despite the fact that this is largely do to my recent return to a (somewhat more) regular exercise regimen... It was also time for a new pair of sneakers. Much like tires on a car that needs a good alignment, my sneakers require regular rotating & balancing. The wear and tear I generate on the treads has always been slightly asymmetric. Not a big deal. However, in the years since my knee "destruction" & two surgical reconstructions (on top of wearing sneakers 12-14 hours a day, on at least 5 days each week), this wear pattern has regressed to being highly asymmetric. Shopping for new shoes was on my To Do list, but I just hadn't made the time, nor the immediate cash, available to get it done.
3. Less than a month ago, I applied to take my PhD Qualifying Exams, just two days before the application deadline. I was scheduled to being the three-day exam today. I was totally unprepared.

In the last 24 hours...

1. A business colleague picked up my motorcycle, spent the whole day fixing it. It's running great & ready to ride! No charge!
2. This morning at 5:30am my client brought me a brand new pair of ASICS Kayano. My favorite brand and model! She picked out some activewear in my Fitness Studio Boutique, and we both won!
3. Sometime after sundown yesterday, my advisor sent me an email informing me that I could not take the PhD Qualifying Exams because...get ready for this one...THE EXAM QUESTIONS HAVEN'T BEEN WRITTEN YET!

THANK YOU! 

Dear Great Spirit of The Universe, 
Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent are you.
Only do I supplicate myself to You each morning,
and I am unified with and infused by your love & grace.
I praise you.
I honor your glory.
I ask that you allow me to be Your instrument
of usefulness to my fellows.
I ask for courage.
I ask for the awareness to practice "The Golden Rule."
I ask for blessings for my friends & family.
I ask for the stillness to listen to my Higher-Self, that is You.
I thank you for a new day, each with another opportunity
to love, learn, change (when necessary) and grow.
I ask for health, vitality and longevity, as I learn how to live.
I thank you for all the tangible toys you have given me to play with in this realm.
I ask for continued & limitless abundance & prosperity, in all things.
Only do I return to You each night, in gratitude that
You have granted me all the things I have asked for,
and infinitely more than I ever could.
I am unified with and infused with by your love & grace.
Great One of 10,000 Names, I love You.
Great One of 10,000 Names, I thank You.
Amun Ra,
Nutjert Sat Auset

No comments:

Post a Comment